Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A time to celebrate

Last Friday we celebrated my birthday and our 9th wedding anniversary (today-Aug 5). It was a wonderful day for me.

It was actually Ben's first day back to school full time so that was a little bit of a bummer but I took the boys swimming in the morning and we had such a great time. Charlie can now swim quite far without his swimbelt and can reach the bottom of the pool. On his discovery of this he squealed, "I'm proud of myself!" It was so cute.

That afternoon we headed to LaPorte and Papa Hughie watched the boys for us so that we could go on a date. My choice was to head to Mt. Baldy and then eat dinner at Olive Garden.

When we were in high school we spent many evenings at Mt. Baldy. Ben proposed there 10 years ago and we hadn't been back since. It was really special to head up there and see Chicago across Lake Michigan and soak up the last rays of sunshine.

Wow how times have changed... 9 years of marriage and 2 3/4 kids later! Here is my growth spurt belly at 27 1/2 weeks. We started goofing around a bit so I could play with my camera. "Which way is the beach, Ben?"

Ben is triathlon ready! Those pics coming tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! You were such a gorgeous bride on this day 9 years ago!
How does Ben have time to stay so fit?! Gorgeous scenery at Mt. Baldy- happy times!!
Love, Ellen

The Van Vactor family said...

wow Amanda and Ben I'd say 9 years has treated you well. I want to see an old wedding picture from 9 years ago! what are some things you've learned or overcame? I know you've told me before! hahaa I'd say you guys have accomplished a lot and both look great! I am so jealous of your cute prego glow! I'm glad you made it up the mt. and got to enjoy! : ) love you both!