Thursday, August 13, 2009

My "Big" Cowboys

Ben and I broke down and dived in with Baby #3 preparations last weekend. Since it rained all day on Saturday we decided to go ahead and set up the boys' bunkbeds. Word of warning to other parents: Sleep a bunch before you do this. You won't be getting much for a few days afterward!

Here are the "Big Boy" Cowboys enjoying their new "crib".

Trying to get them settled down with a story before bedtime. The first night it took them about an hour to go to sleep, night #2 about 35 minutes, night #3 25 minutes and night #4 about 30 minutes. We are improving slowly but surely!

Naps have been another matter. I got Charlie to take a nap in our room twice this week so that was helpful. The rest of the week has been napless. Ugh... so tiring!

Here they are enjoying their new box that I put in there of "quiet toys" that Charlie is allowed to play with in our room during nap time just to get him out of my hair for an hour a day.

I will leave you with this little image of "Cowboy Charlie". I do wish he preferred wearing clothes under his vest and chaps but hey I am even more thrilled that he is wearing UNDERWEAR! That's right folks it is a year and a half in the making but he is officially potty trained! Woo HOo!!! When I was a teacher I used to think, "Why can't these parents just get their kids under control?" I realize now I was a moron! Parenting is so hard! Potty training has been the worst for us but I think we have won the battle. Here we come Sawyer! You're next! :)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Growing up and bunking with my sister was a lot of fun! We still talk about our bunk beds to this day! The boys will enjoy them so much! (I think changing the top bunk would be a pain in the bum - let me know how that goes?!)
-Ellen

Team Tonagel said...

They will have so much fun sharing a room! I also have such good memories of bunking up with my sister. Hope the nighttime routine settles down a bit soon. You need all the rest you can get over the next few weeks!

That's a good look on you Charles. Great job on learning to go potty all by yourself. And climbing all the way up to the top bunk? I even think Uncle Greg would be too afraid to do that! You are officially a big boy now!

The Van Vactor family said...

I love the last picture of charlie. YOu have to use that when he graduates high school! hahaha

dianne and bob said...

Wahoo! Big Boy Charlie gets a prize! Potty trained! that's a big deal!
You look great in your cowboy outfit! I had one when I was five, but I think I wore my clothes, too.

I hope you like your big boy bunkbed and have a good time sharing with your brother.

And I like how you are having quiet time with your toys while your mom.

Amanda: you are doing a great job parenting! If it were easy, any one could do it! It clearly takes time, courage, dedication and God.... keep it up... and sleep as much as possible.
Kathy and I will plan a day to swoop in and take the boys somewhere to give you some time!