Saturday, August 15, 2009

Proud Wife

Since this is my blog I get the freedom of bragging about my family. A few posts ago I mentioned that it was a time to celebrate for our family. We celebrated my birthday, our 9 year anniversary and now Ben's birthday and a new job!

Thursday night made it official for our family. Ben accepted the position of Head Principal of Fairfield Jr/Sr High School for the 2010-2011 school year. This basically means that he will continue on as the Assistant Principal (Now titled for him "Principal in Waiting") for this year but will take over officially at the end of the school year.

We feel so blessed at this opportunity. We never in a million years thought this transition would be taking place in our lives so early. Then again if you had asked me 5 years ago if I would be a "Domestic Engineer" with two little boys and another baby on the way I would have laughed at you!

It is amazing how God has things in motion way before they are ever on the radar for us. In this case it has been wonderful to look back and see how God had this organized 10+ years ago. Here is a brief explanation of this. Hopefully you can follow it.
-6 years ago when we bought our house the people who sold it to us wanted to move so that they could be in Fairfield School district. (Our house is the LAST house right outside the district.) This was the first mention of Fairfield we ever had.
- Ben's current principal-Phil Hoskins is good friends with Ben's college basketball coach. He remembered watching Ben play in the Final Four in high school and throughout college. When he happened to mention to Coach Kessler that he was looking for a new Dean for his school. Kessler suggested looking up Ben.
-Ben and Phil met, quickly became friends, and Ben was hired as the Dean. That year on a leap of faith we decided for me to stay home with the boys and take a maternity leave.
-The following year the Assistant Principal took an Elementary Principal position and Ben moved into that role. I resigned my teaching position.
-This summer Mr. Hoskins announced his retirement and Ben was immediately hired as the "Principal in Waiting".

We give all the credit for this job to God. We are so thrilled with Fairfield Schools and could not be happier to know we will be in this area for at least another 3 years.

With this new job I know that I will see less of my husband but we are taking on this job with a "Family" mentality. The kiddos and I will also be spending a lot of time at his school. (Sawyer calls it "Daddy's home" when we drive by.) We will be going to sporting events, eating lunch with him and any other activities that take place there just to allow us some time with Ben while he is working.

So... as a proud wife I congratulate my husband on a job well done and to this accomplishment. I am so happy and proud of him!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Ben! I am thrilled for you guys!
AWESOME!! - Ellen

Kathy Tonagel said...

THAT'S MY BOY!!!!!!!!!!

Team Tonagel said...

Haha... just laughing at the above comment. Congratulations Ben! We are so thrilled for you and this huge accomplishment! You will make a wonderful principal for Fairfield school. Could you send a school bus to Marion so Jace and Baby 2 can attend there? We could use a principal like you around here!

L,P+B Penziol said...

That's great! Congrats Ben :)

Laurie

The Van Vactor family said...

yeah it's offical!! Go Ben! I'm back at Leesburg and it's not the same with out you but I'm sure Fairfield is luckier to have you as principal!

ajnielsen said...

Congrats Ben! Just watch out for all of those kids skipping school. I mean, I never did that, so i wouldn't know, just telling you to watch out:)