Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Weekend in good ole' LP


Last weekend we went to LaPorte to spend time with the familia. The boys stayed with Papa Hughie and Nana (Ben's parents) Friday night without us. Ben and I had our first night away from both boys. I was so looking forward to it but ended up being a big stick in the mud. I had a horrible afternoon without my boys. I missed them like crazy! I got over it by the time we went to his Homecoming game. There we tailgated, rode a mechanical bull and watched fireworks at half time. They go all out for homecoming! It was a lot of fun.

The boys had a great time with their aunts, uncles, and Nana and Papa. They carved pumpkins and read books.

Saturday morning Ben and I went and did a little shopping. I got some "killer" boots for Fall and Charlie some new Addidas shoes.

Saturday night we went to our first movie in THREE years! It was awesome! We got to see "Fireproof". If you haven't seen this movie yet we highly recommend it! Thank you to Hugh and Kathy for treating all their boys and spouses to a night out. The movie has such great messages for any couple.


Sunday afternoon we went to a babyshower for Jace and then headed home.


I was so excited to get a call from Megan (Troy's girlfriend) that night. She informed me that she is going to be my newest "Sister-In-Law"! Troy finally popped the question! We are so excited for them and can't wait for a beautiful wedding in Virginia.
There is a little kink in the plans though... Charlie told me that he wanted to marry Megan so he called her and said, "Marry me Megan!" He then looked at me with the biggest grin on his face and said, "She will!" It was so cute! I doubt Troy is going to let him win though so I think he will just have to settle for Ringbearer instead. :)

2 comments:

Megan said...

I feel honored to have my engagement news on your blog! I love my sister!!!!!

The Richards Family said...

Great Family Pictures!! Congrats to Megan and Troy!! :) I am so jealous of all the pumpkin pictures, still haven't gotten one for Nolan yet...Hopefully this weekend. Take care.

Courtney