Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fall is in the Air...




We have been doing all kinds of fun fall activities the last few weeks. Here are some of the mmmmaannnyyy pictures I took. This first set is from our fall party that we had 2 weekends ago with a group of what we call "Leesburg Friends". Many of these friends worked at one time with Ben at Leesburg Elementary. Only 2 now remain at Leesburg but it is just easier to still call them this. :) Ben took us on a hayride and we ate some yummy fall food.



The boys and I on the hay ride.


Joslyn posing for her closeup on the hayride. She is so stinkin' cute!

Here are some of our other friends; Brickers, Bailey's, and the Duncans. Last week I took the boys to a Pumpkin Patch with our MOPS group. We had a great time! Jessica and Luke joined us. The boys looked cute in their "Never Enough Dirt" sweatshirts that Ben bought them. The highlight of the day was the hayride behind the John Deere tractor. Charlie also liked all the painted pumpkins. Notice that the one is named, "Charlie Pumpkin".


This picture shows how close the boys are in size. I have people ask me almost every day if they are twins!

This past weekend I convinced Ben to spend some quality time with us before I became a "Hunting Widow" and take us to an apple orchard. It was fun. We picked some apples (there weren't too many left), got a another hayride, went through a corn maze and bought some cider. It was good, but nothing compares to Garwood's cider! I guess I am partial but I was a "Cider Girl" when I worked there. Can I put that on a resume some day?


When we came home Charlie and I baked a fresh apple pie. He is really into cooking. He is constantly saying, "I wanna help you! I help you Mom? I wanna help you!"


Finally it has been harvest time here at our house. The boys LOVE to watch the tractors and semis collect all the corn. I bundled them up yesterday, gave them each a snack and sent them to the porch to watch the action. Charlie got to go for a ride on one of the tractors. He thought that was pretty cool!





So what is everyone else doing to enjoy this beautiful fall weather?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool, Nolan would be right at home there. Oh, we miss that kind of stuff. :( We have lots of catching up to do only things like that when we come back. We have to get Nolan one of those cool sweatshirts!! Like the new look of the blog, I change my frequently, I get bored easily...Miss you all, see you at Christmas!Love, Courtney

Anonymous said...

Amanda - Love your blog! I have it under my Favorites and check it often! It's so great to have a blog - especially when you have kids. Looks like you've been having lots of fun doing fall things - we've been trying to avoid the rain :) My sister and her oldest were here visiting last week - I have pictures on FB. Miss you lots and think of you guys often! Love, Ellen

The Grady Five said...

What great pictures!!
WE LOVE FALL!!
love and miss you guys!!

RetroLeeTX said...

getting teary eyed b/c we're not in Indiana this fall!
I want Garwood's Cider!!! Waaaaa.
We went to a "pumpkin patch" this morning, it was fun - but not as "fallish" as the one we did with you guys last year.
Love you, Miss you!

dianne and bob said...

We're doing some of the same.... trying to get as much Indiana into our grand daughters before they go back home to California! Hesston Steam Trains, Fischers Pumpkin Patch. Garwaood's Cider.... guess I take it for granted.... and our own apples gathered by the girls... we have made apple pies, apple cake, apple bread, apple muffins, apple cookies!
God has blessed us with some of the best weather! We have been outside as much as possible.