Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fraulein Maria????

Last week I felt just like Fraulein Maria in the Sound of Music. Minus the fact that I don't live in Austria, can't sing to save my soul and I am not a nun! Other than that I felt exactly like her! :) I took some old fabric that my mom had used as curtains in our house when I was little and made beanbags for the boys to play with. I thought they would be some good entertainment for the cold days of winter that are quickly approaching. They are having so much fun with them I think I am going to make "Bozo Buckets" as Christmas gifts for all their little friends and cousins.
Luckily for Ben I am not tempted to turn these old fabrics into play clothes for the boys. Can you imagine seeing them swing from trees wearing this stuff! Hah! The Von Trapp Family pulled it off adorably but I don't think The Tonagels could do the same.



I am off to sing, "These are a Few of my Favorite Things" and make some more beanbags...

"Auf wiedersehen",

a

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So creative! I'm not sure why God didn't bless you with a little girl!! Did you hand sew these are do you have a sewing machine? Impressive! That IS a fun idea!
-Ellen