Saturday, January 2, 2010

A Mother's Plea

Dear friends and family,

I would like to remind you that I had my third baby boy about 2 1/2 months ago. My oldest son will be 4 at the end of next month. If you aren't too good at math that means I have THREE BOYS 3 and under at the moment.

Apparently many of you think it is funny to entice me and my children with dangerous things. Let me explain...

Every new mom has a few pounds that they would like to shed after having a baby. (I have a few from each one!) Having Brooks in the fall was really good timing for my pregnancy but I didn't really think through the afterward part. My MOPS group was gracious enough to bring us tons of meals after Brooks arrived. Each lady apparently felt the need to bring their most lavish meal along with DESSERT! Then came Thanksgiving and Christmas. We have had so many sweets at our house! I actually ate toffee one night for dinner! That's all just toffee from about 4pm till 7pm. Just sat around eating toffee.

My evil father-in-law also brought over Christmas morning the best tasting Egg-nog (otherwise known as "Egg-Noggen" by Charlie) I have ever had! I pretty much have polished off the entire jug of it!

Another friend sent me 15 Carmel apples. That's right I said 15! I have been averaging eating one every other day.

Moving on to my children. My so called loving in-laws thought it would be funny to buy my extremely ornery boys a bow and arrow set. They assured me they had a soft-tip ending. Oh well then that's fine! :) They also got them a fire fighters kit complete with a very loud whistle, a hatchet and a water filled fire extinguisher.

Some of my dear friends bought the boys markers. Sawyer thought it was lipstick.

I have also gotten wind that Charlie will be receiving boxing gloves for his birthday. Oh joy!

My plea is this.

Please if you want to spoil us with food make it fruit and veggies. My hips beg you. Just teasing. We really have appreciated all the goodies.

Go ahead and keep spoiling the boys. I tease about the gifts but you know I love having boys and want to make sure they grow up to be adventurous and free spirited.

Hope you all gained a bunch of weight over the holidays like I did and got some ornery gifts.

Christmas pics to come. Promise!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Amanda I finally got even with you although it took til Christmas to do so. Remember my driver license portrait you displayed for the world to see?? Yep, there you have it torture the parents through the kids while the kids thoroughly enjoy it. Well my experience will count for something....Have you seen the new paintball guns that shoot 1400 fps (feet per second)? They are on special, buy one get the second at half price. Let me tell the kids, I want to surprise them.....
Papa hughie

a.tonagel said...

Oh Hugh, You are too much. I have no clue what you are talking about with this driver's license business. (I will admit that your loving wife however did give me your wallet.)
Just a forewarning... I will be loading the boys up with sugar the next time you guys babysit. I think you should show them how to use the bow and arrows at your house.

Rachel said...

I most DEFINITELY gained weight over the holidays! :) nevermind that I have 2 babies in the pot, it's scary to put my hands on my hips and realize there is more there than there was just 2 weeks ago. ugh. :) i'm enjoying your blog! (which i added to my google reader a while back). happy new year!

Anonymous said...

Oh Amanda... You are so crazy funny! I LOVE reading your blog. You make me laugh so much! Thank you! And don't worry girl... You are gorgeous!

Tabatha

Team Tonagel said...

Hey, if anyone can relate to the toffee bingeing, it's me! I say, you go girl!

MegT said...

Troy and I polished off the toffee we brought home, so what did we do... Made more! What a bad idea.