Sunday, September 27, 2009

Mission "Big Brother"

The boys and I have been busily preparing for our baby over the last few weeks. I think they are as ready as they ever will be for another brother/sister.
We have read every book that the library has to offer on babies, nursing and midwives. Their current favorite book is called, "Lapsnatcher." Sawyer has been telling me, "Our baby will cry and she is going to be a Lapsnatcher!" (He always refers to the baby as a girl. No hints from me.)

I put together some little gift bags for the boys to open while at the birth center awaiting baby's arrival. They each got a new Case tractor, popcorn, suckers, rice crispie treat, juice and these "big bro" shirts that I made for them. I am going to try and pick up some birthday hats and party favors for them to wear during our celebration dinner/breakfast at the birth center also.
The boys have been so wonderful through my pregnancy and I can't wait to see how they are with the new baby. Charlie wants to make the baby laugh and smile and Sawyer says he will be her best friend. Just a few more weeks and we will get to meet our new addition!

7 comments:

Team Tonagel said...

Are you Superwoman or something? How the heck do you manage to squeeze in all this fun and creative stuff?! Do you sleep? (oh wait, don't answer that...) We are so excited as well to meet your new little one. I can't believe it is only a couple weeks away! You are a great Mommy and Charlie and Sawyer will make great big brothers! Now will you relax already? I just received the boost I needed to get my butt off the couch and get to work!

Anonymous said...

ok i have to comment! ARE YOU HUMAN? thanks for setting the bar so high for all the future mommies out there!! hahaha! love you
mal
ps cute ideas by the way! i am just secretly annoyed by your outstanding motherly ways!! haha:)

Anonymous said...

My guess is Amanda is putting all that pregnancy insomnia to good use!? :) I think those are really cute ideas, you're very crafty!

RetroLeeTX said...

Where are you getting all of this energy girl??! Maybe I need to get pregnant...well...maybe not.
I can't wait to find out if I'll have a new niece or nephew!!!!!! Love ya -

The Richards Family said...

aww, so nice. You are crazy though you are making us all look bad, come on!

court

The Van Vactor family said...

wow I am so impressed! you are amazing!! great ideas and you look fantastic! I can't wait to meet the little baby that I think might be a girl! : )

dianne and bob said...

The Big Bro shirts reminded me of the shirts we had made for Scott and Anne when they were at the birth of Seth:
HI BABY, I'M SCOTT
HI BABY, I'M ANNE

And I stuffed 48+ manicotti the day before I went into labor....

Waiting......