Monday, September 7, 2009

Buggies, Harleys, Stuffing and Insomnia!

Kind of a random title I know. Sorry! This is just a basic wrap up of our past week.
Saturday night we went to see Etta and Mose Miller in Nappanee. Etta makes the BEST stuffing in the world and I worry that Ben may run off with her someday if I ever threaten to stop cooking food at our house.
We ate dinner there with about 30 bikers from my dad's motorcycle gang, "The Blue Knights". Picture the movie "Wild Hogs" times 30 mixed in with a large Amish family. Makes for a pretty funny sight!

The bikers took the Amish kids for bike rides after dinner and then the Amish kids took the ladies for a buggy ride. It was so cute to see the girls take off their head coverings and let their hair out so that they could fit the helmets on their heads.


Charlie is totally smitten with one of Etta's granddaughter's- Sadie. She is the cutest Amish girl you have ever seen! I want to take her home with me every time we see her. I wanted to get a picture of them together but didn't want to be disrespectful since the Amish don't believe in photographs.

In other news I am just about 33 weeks along now with Baby #3. Overall feeling good but insomnia is back in full force. I hate to complain but is it too much to ask to sleep more than 5-6 hours a night BEFORE baby arrives?!?!?

I fell asleep earlier this week at the computer during the boy's nap time, crawled over to the couch and woke up an hour later with Sawyer running a tractor over my face.
I had a midwife appointment last week and everything was good. Measuring right on 32 weeks, heartbeat was 130 and the head is still down. Sawyer is still obsessed with the baby and can't wait to meet him/her. I also had my first class at the Birth Center. I learn something new about the miracle of pregnancy/birth every time I am there! I love it!

Here are the boys also looking a bit sleepy...


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I feel for you with the insomnia! The end of pregnancy was so much harder than the beginning for me! The insomnia combined with the heartburn made for many sleepless nights.

Holly

Kathy Tonagel said...

I'm envious of the wonderful meal you all had at Etta's!! Did she as usual send her left-overs home with Ben?

a.tonagel said...

No leftovers this time! Ugh. I was counting on extra stuffing this week. :( Bummer! Don't know if you noticed but Etta is in the background of one of the pictures, Mrs. Rehn and Jeff Bernel's wife are with the boys on the cart.

Team Tonagel said...

I couldn't help but laugh out loud when I visualized Sawyer running a tractor over his mommy's face! That's funny.

dianne and bob said...

Yum... I want to know how to get to Etta's.... not on a Harley though... probably too far for a tractor ride.

Can you read yourself back to sleep at night? hope you stay rested... you have a lot coming at you soon!

Hope Kathy and I and you can find a day for us to come over and take the boys for an afternoon.... so you can rest up.

Think of you often...
dianne.

The Van Vactor family said...

your maternity clothes are so cute! I want to buy some off you when you're done!! : ) You look great and sounds like life is still fun!!

RetroLeeTX said...

Oh - Moses and Etta! I wish I could get my hands on one of those yeast rolls the size of your head! Ummmmmmm....sooooo, good...makes me drool just thinking about it! Hope you get some good sleep!