Thursday, September 24, 2009

Memory Saver

Since I don't sleep much these days (last night 11pm-3:50am with two trips to the bathroom in between) I figured I might as well show you what I am doing with all my time.

I saw this idea in "Family Fun" magazine a year or so ago and then a friend of mine reminded me of it for a MOPS craft idea for this year.

I felt bad tossing all the cards friends and family gave us when our boys were born but didn't honestly know what to do with them. So... here is my solution! Now the boys can flip through their cards anytime they want and they store neatly in a drawer.

Ben and I started dating when I was a Junior in high school. This is the ring I made holding EVERY note, letter or card that he has sent or given to me since then. I am so thankful that we were together before the age of technology. Emails and texts just can't compare to these. Ben threatens to burn these every so often for fear that the boys will get ahold of them someday when they are teenagers and be totally embarrassed by their parents. I guess we will have to get a safe sometime between now and then cause these aren't going anywhere! These are my treasures.

6 comments:

The Ballard Family said...

Amanda,
I loved the idea of the cards in rings! I have tons of letters Jeff wrote to me too! But I hope someday the kids read them b/c he is such a great writer! I don't want them to see what I wrote to him! HAHA! Thanks for the post! I hope you are hanging in there! Not too much longer!

Team Tonagel said...

Is it pathetic that I clicked on the picture to blow it up in hopes that I find something really juicy that Ben wrote to you?! The only thing I caught was his return address reading "El Hombre". :) Very cute idea!

The Richards Family said...

Great Idea, love it! Thanks, I think I will use it myself.

Court

a.tonagel said...

Yes, it is pathetic Amy! :) Don't worry I made sure all the really sappy/juicy ones were hidden a bit. :)

The Van Vactor family said...

what an awesome idea!!! I love it! I've saved cards every year forever and this year I finally started throwing them out. Now I have a better solution! good thinking!

Anonymous said...

Ben-
Once again, Thanks for making me look like a complete loser with all these cards and notes. We get it Ben- you are best husband ever!!!!!
RB
p.s Ben told me to write this Amanda.