Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The "Great" LaPorte County Fair 2009

For those of you who haven't experienced The "Great LaPorte County Fair". It is a sight to see! It really is "GREAT"! :) I literally have been to the fair every year of my life since I was about 2 days old. My mom took me just a few days after I was born. My brother, sister and I all were 10 year 4-Her's and my parents were leaders for many years. I love the fair and could spend all week there if it weren't so exhausting!

Pioneer Land is an addition to the fair from about 12 years ago. It really is a highlight of the whole experience. My parents volunteer and dress up as pioneers. There is an authentic log cabin, school house, post office, blacksmith shop, herb garden, washing shed, candy shop, and an Artisan's barn. There are even oxen that are walking down the road. The kids love this area of the fair and could stay there all day.

Here is my whole side of the family minus my brother-in-law, Andy and nephew, Jeff. Notice my dad's get-up. He worked as a printer and rope maker this year.
All the cousins minus Jeff.

Lyla and Gray

My sister Lee-Ann and her kids. You can view her blog and shop here.


Gray and Charlie watching the tractor parade. My favorite part of the day! I have to admit that I do love "playing" tractors. I would love to have a "Minneapolis Moline" and "Oliver" tractor to add to our tractor collection.



Sawyer showing off his monstrous corndog.
Some popsicles to finish off the day.

No comments: