Thursday, July 23, 2009

Go ahead, Make my day!

Actually a few days...

There have been a few things over the last few days that have given me a great big goofy grin on my face.

1. My best girl Josi Bricker called to tell me that she named her baby doll "Baby Mana (Amanda)". Ohh... It totally melted my heart. She kept saying, "Baby Mana, Baby Mana" and then she said, "Love you Mana!" I fell asleep thinking about how cute that was for me!

2. I had the WORST driver's license picture taken yesterday. Seriously if there was a contest I would win hands down! I am tempted to take a pic. of my license just to give you all a laugh. What is so ironic about this is that just the other day I heard on "Rachel Ray" they were giving tips about how to get a good license picture. So... I actually took the time to do my hair and put a shirt on that would look half way decent. When I got to the BMV I was expecting the worst- long lines and tons of upset people. Wrong! There were only 2 people in there. I had the nicest teller and she complimented my belly. :) When she went to take the picture she told me I couldn't smile or show my teeth. Hmm... ok whatever. She then took it and said, "Yup looks good." Hey that was easy. I waited a few minutes for it to print and when she handed it to me I thought it was a joke! I look like I just saw a ghost. The picture is just of my prego face and nothing else. My eyes are bugging out of my head and I look beyond dumb! I would understand if there were long lines and other things going on but really couldn't she have just taken ONE more picture! Ben died laughing when he saw it. It really is THAT bad! I have to live with it for 6 more years too! Oh my... at least I can laugh about it!

3. And finally... I am now 26 weeks pregnant and still feeling good. I had another midwife appt. yesterday and all checked out fine. Heartbeat was at 153 bpm. All over the place! He/she is keeping me guessing! Ben has officially put his stamp of approval on the birth center (Thanks Ryan!!!) So assuming I am physically ok with everything (not anemic, gestational diabetes, breech...) we will be having our third baby there. I am so excited about this!

8 comments:

Team Tonagel said...

Too bad that couldn't have been your driver's license picture... cute!

Betsy Spoor said...

You look fabulous!

Laura said...

Im pretty sure if I stood to the side and took a picture, our stomachs would be the same! :) You look fantastic!

Anonymous said...

OK, bring on the drivers license picture!! I could use a good laugh really, we would be laughing with you, not at you right?? :) You look great by the way!

Court

Anonymous said...

Amanda, are you sure you're 26 weeks? Where is that baby at, girl?! :) Thanks for all of the recent blog posts, too. It's so fun to read something new about the Tonagel family almost every day. Maybe you guys should have your own reality show? ;) Love you!!

Kath

a.tonagel said...

Ok just to set the record straight... My rear end is much bigger than my belly at this point. Notice that I haven't posted any pictures of that and I don't intend to! :)

Team Tonagel said...

Prove it! And I'm with Courtney, we all are in need of a good laugh. Go ahead and make our day, post that license picture!

The Rogers Family said...

You are looking sooo adorable pregnant! Hope I look that good when I have kids...yeah I heard Indiana went to that new stupid rule of no smiling...I'm just thanful Louisiana hasn't yet...