Sunday, June 28, 2009

Here's a few things I never thought I would say...

-"Thank you Honey for buying me a mini-van!" It's official. I have joined up with millions of other moms around the U.S.A. and now own a mini-van. I thought about taking some funny pictures of me sprawling across the hood but I didn't want to scar anyone with those images. Ben didn't even laugh so I figured it must not be a good idea. We got a Nissan Quest and so far I have to admit that it is really convenient. I asked Charlie if I looked good in it and he said, "No, your belly is too big!" Thanks Sweetie!

-"My kid may be an Olympian someday." So I am totally bragging on my boys but they are just surprising me so much lately with their athletics. We finished another 2 weeks of swimming lessons and both boys improved so much. Charlie was the youngest in his group (he is 3 and the rest of them were 4-6) and by far one of the best swimmers. He can jump off the diving board with a swim belt, float on his back, and swim with his head underwater. Today he worked on the butterfly stroke. He saw me do it and then started himself. He actually did really well for a first time. Sawyer went from screaming through the entire lesson to now jumping off the diving board and swimming with his head down as well. Move over Michael Phelps! The Tonagel boys are going for gold!

-"Please tell me what we are having!!!!!!" As of Wednesday Ben knows if we are having a boy or girl. It is killing me knowing that he knows and I don't. I keep trying to bait him into telling me but so far he is doing a good job. I give all of you permission to torture him and tell him how mean he is being to his wife! However, he knows he will be shot on the spot if he leaks the information to anyone other than myself before our child is born! My plan is still to wait until the actual birth to find out. (If I am strong enough over the next 17 weeks.) We had a midwife appointment last week and all was good. We have a meeting at the birth center this week. I am anxious to find out if our insurance is going to come through.

-"Happy 2nd Birthday Sawyer!" My baby is turning two on Saturday (4th of July). I can't wait to celebrate with our friends and family. I love a good party! Ben made a comment last fourth. He said, "I can't remember what did we do last year for the 4th?" I yelled, "Goshen Hospital Room 302 ring a bell!?!?" Sawyer was our own personal fireworks for the day. I will never let Ben live down that comment!

That is all that is new from here. Have a great week!
a

8 comments:

The Van Vactor family said...

ahhh!! I love all of those! But especially the mini van!! I knew you'd break down eventually! I am so glad you got one, you really will love it. Mandy and Derrick have the Quest and love it. I can't wait to see pictures of you driving a mini van! I also love that Ben knows the sex of your baby and you don't. How funny!! I can't wait to see if you can wait to find out! : ) Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

i can't believe that ben know and you don't! How can you stand that? It would drive me crazy!! I don't think i could do that. I hope you are strong. :) Congrats on the mini van. You are officially in the mommy club, no turning back now... ha ha Ciao

Courtney

Anonymous said...

I am a little disappointed that you guys did not get a Honda Odyssey, but I will forgive you for that. ;) Can't WAIT to see you guys on Saturday!!! BTW, Steve is having a fireworks display at my parent's house on Friday. It should be a can't miss show - let me know if you guys would like to join us...Love ya! Kath

Anonymous said...

could he just tell his mother?????

Anonymous said...

And sister-in-law Amy?

Anonymous said...

RESPECT THE MINI! I CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE ONE SOMEDAY!!!
love
auntie mal mal

RetroLeeTX said...

You'd better post a picture of the minivan! I'll bet it will be soooo much easier to get the kiddos in and out of - my car is a pain in the butt, not to mention the ginormous monster truck that my husband drives.
I know, I can't believe Sawyer will be 2 already!
And....I can't believe Ben knows what you're having and you're not just going absolutely crazy not knowing - I am!
We're seriously cleaning stuff out - and I gotta know if we need to save some little girl thingies!!!

Brady said...

Ha ha ha! Amanda, I can totally picture you yelling that at Ben about what you were doing on the 4th last year. I am laughing out loud.

I'm glad you are doing so well!