Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Crafts

It's no surprise that I love doing crafts. I was banking on getting a little girly girl that would just want to sit and make things with me all day long. Obviously God had other plans! So... I force my boys to do them with me instead. :)

Here are two ornaments that they painted for Papa Hughie and Papa Sensow. (That is who they chose to give them to when I asked.)
I bought a big roll of banner paper, green and red paint and Christmas stamps. We are painting our Christmas wrapping paper this year. I thought it would keep the boys busy and be a fun activity. Notice I said, "I thought." Yea, not so fun! The boys liked it for about 30 seconds. (like all crafts I make them do!) Then they just ended up smearing the paint all over. They both had showers today after only doing enough paper for one present each. I am planning to just have them keep painting at least one a day until everything is wrapped. If you get an unwrapped present from us this year I apologize. I gave it my best.
Look at the paint all over Charlie's chest!

3 comments:

Joel/Mal and Troy/Meg said...

THATS THE WONDERFUL BOYS I KNOW!! love and miss you guys
Mal

April Moore Creations said...

I tried this when mine were this age too. We did brown craft paper and made snowmen it was so adorable. But I ended up doing it all by myself after about 1 minutes. I bet now they are older they would enjoy it, but I am too scared to try again. :)

Rachel said...

I love that fact that you tried anyway! I am looking forward to having kids old enough to do any craft at all. :) I just hope I have the patience to follow through! Thanks for your inspiration!