Thursday, April 2, 2009

Burning Questions

So I have been bombarded with questions over the last few days. Hopefully I will try and answer most of them and end all of the curiosity that is burning inside all of my Internet friends.

~What did Ben say when you told him? He didn't believe me. I had taken 2 tests previously that were negative so his "analytical" brain said, "30% is not that good of a percentage. I won't believe it for awhile." What a dweeb!

~ It was Arizona wasn't it? NO! Do the math people! We knew before we went.

~ The Flu huh??? Nice cover up! No, really! I did have the flu along with everyone else in the house. The boys are still not 100%.

~ How are you feeling? Pretty crummy for the last 4 weeks or so. I am exhausted by about 7pm. I feel the worst from about 1:30pm- 5:30pm. Just in time for Ben to come home to a cranky wife. Sorry babe!
I also suffer from insomnia when I am pregnant. With both of the boys it really started to become bad in the last trimester. However, this time I am already waking up like crazy. I am typically awake anywhere from 1-3 hours a night. If anyone has any suggestions I would gladly take them!

~ What are the boys saying about it? They are excited. Before we told them Ben and I were talking about it kind of on the sly and Charlie piped up and said, "Who are you talking about? Who do we have to get ready for? Who's coming?" Smart kid! :) So... we told him that a new baby was coming. Sawyer LOVES babies so I think he will just adore his new brother or sister. He practiced rocking his bear today and "sshhhing" it.

~ Are you hoping for a girl? I can't lie so of course I am! I also am trusting that God knows me better than myself and will give me the child that he wants me to take care of for our time here on earth. He knows I may be prone to turning into "Crazy Mom" with all the girly paraphernalia. If we have another boy I will just be a stronger woman for raising 3 boys! I also have declared that I will be the princess of our household. :) Plus, Josi Bricker's stock will go way up in my book and she will have 3 boys to choose from for her husband instead of just 2.

~ Are you having the baby at home this time? I would love to but Ben is not comfortable with it. It is just a little too overwhelming for him and I respect that. So... I am hoping to compromise and have the baby at a Birthing Center in Goshen. I am fine with this and actually really excited about it. Our insurance does not cover the Birthing Center so I am praying that cost wise it will be very close to having it in the hospital.

~ Are you planning to find out if it is a boy or girl? We are not sure at this point. We didn't know with either of the first two pregnancies what we were having and I LOVED that! It was great motivation for me to get through labor. I wanted to know so badly what it was. This time however I am already very curious and it is starting to drive me crazy. Ben would really like to know so that we can be as physically ready for the baby as possible.

~ Will you post "belly pics"? Hah! Are you people insane? Every other girl on the planet looks cute when they are pregnant. I just look like a house. I may post one here or there once I finally look prego. For now I just look like I ate way too many dinners at Aztecaz in North Webster.

~ Are you getting a mini-van? Sniff-Sniff... yes. Well at least most likely. No offense to all you mini-van driving mamas out there. I'm sure you love them and look adorable in them. I just NEVER thought I would own a mini-van. I pictured myself more as a Lexus SUV type of mom. :)That just isn't practical right now. Ben wants to keep our Explorer and just make it work. I don't think he realizes that I would have to throw Charlie in through the back hatch and lean WAY over to get him buckled in and then strap the other two rug-rats into the middle seats. Then there is no room for a stroller. He claims I won't need a stroller! Hah! It is either that or color-coated leashes for all of them.

~ Are you moving? Who knows! As of right now we will just squeeze Charlie and Sawyer into Charlie's room with bunk beds. Can you picture that?!?! Anyone who would like to volunteer to come stay at our house for a few nights and train Charlie to sleep on a top bunk and Sawyer into staying on a bed period would be welcome to. We are not relishing this thought. My mom suggested just buying stackable metal dog crates. I am thinking that might actually work!

~What are you going to do about your bridesmaid dress? For those of you that don't know, Ben, the boys and I are in Troy and Megan's wedding in June. I had to order my dress a couple of months ago. I am just going to try my hardest not to gain much weight before the wedding and stuff myself into the dress. Once again Amanda is going to be the fat/pregnant bridesmaid! Nice! Sorry Troy and Megan. :)

~ And finally... Are you and Ben crazy???? Yes, quite possibly we are! If you lived with two monkeys named Charlie and Sawyer you would be too!
In all seriousness we are very excited about Baby #3! We had decided that we wanted to keep our kiddos close once Sawyer came along. He and Charlie are 16 months apart and Sawyer and new baby will be about 27 months apart. We love that the boys are best friends and will hopefully have the same interests and friends throughout the years.

Hopefully your curiosity is quenched. Let me know if I forgot any others.
Until then, Peace out!

a

5 comments:

The Grady Five said...

Matthew says to get a conversion van because it makes a good shaggin' wagon then there will be LOTS more little tonagels running around!!

Anonymous said...

I was your 6,000th visitor!! Yea. :) Thanks for all the information, very interesting. I don't think you are crazy, don't worry. Take care, we are really happy for you guys, girl or boy he/she will be precious. Miss you guys!
Love,
The Richards(Matt, court, nolan, meredith)

The Ballard Famliy said...

You both are not crazy! Children are a blessing and you both know that! God commands us to be fruitful and multiply. I am excited to see boy or girl, who He places in your sweet family. Besides, two kids are easy! ;)

Love,
Kristen and Jeff

Jill and Darren said...

I can promise you that you won't be bigger than Amy was at Lauren's wedding! haha!

The Van Vactor family said...

ahh! I love this How fun to catch up with your life! : ) I LOVE my van, and after wrecking it today and being totally sad about it, we miss it and can't wait to get another. Plus it saved us! It was very safe. You'll love it! I promise! : ) You will be too cute and I can't wait to see you! Good luck!