Sunday, April 26, 2009

1997 or 2009?

So I think it is pretty safe to say that I went a little overboard last weekend at Luke's 3rd Birthday party. He had a "Basketball" themed party. It was a blast! We were supposed to come in basketball attire. So instead of just taking the easy route and wearing Fairfield jerseys I had fun digging through our basement and bringing out item after item from 1997. Ben actually called Jessica to warn her that I was "out of control!" I think he was pretty embarassed but he played along to make me happy.

In the end Ben ended up sporting his Slicer Warm up shirt, Old Jordan shoes, Final Four Hat and his State Medal. He also had on his Grace College Jacket.
I didn't want to scar anyone at the party with an old cheerleading uniform so I just opted for the warm-up suit and my letter jacket. I completed my ensemble (I feel like I am in "Fashion Review" all over again.) with very large curls and an even larger white bow on the top of my head. I also couldn't pass up the opportunity to wear a silver star sticker by my eye and Cheerleading medal.
The boys looked adorable in their new baller outfits and sweatbands. They also carried in signs that were for Luke.

Here are Jess and I in our get-ups.

Doesn't Sawyer look like a crazy NBA player? :)

For dinner we had all concession stand food like hotdogs, popcorn, soft pretzels, cotton candy, etc... They also had the music from "Hoosiers" playing while the all the little boys were announced for the Starting Line up.

We surprised Luke with some wild and crazy fans. As the boys were introduced we painted their chests to spell "Luke #24" So cute!!!
Happy 3rd Birthday Luke! We love you!

8 comments:

Betsy Spoor said...

why does sawyer remind me of will ferrell?

Betsy Spoor said...

ok wait, the picture of him with the yellow band on his head looks like dwight from the office. plus a little of will ferrell in there, too

Megan said...

Ok I completely now know what you and Ben looked like in high school now :) And you adequately "ghetto-fied" your children haha I love it!!! Miss you guys!

a.tonagel said...

Oh my... you are right Betsy! He does look like Dwight! Oh yikes. That is sad. Should I cut his hair? Would that make it better????
Also, doesn't Ben look just like his Dad?

Anonymous said...

I couldn't help but notice the glare or "sparkle" that Ben's shoes let off(loaded with diamonds) and the fact that he must must have been flexing his leg muscles too. Are his leg muscles that big in real life? Wow. My hero!

Ryan

ajnielsen said...

Oh, how I remember those days. I think I had every orange Slicer basketball t-shirt known to man. Fun memories...and hard to believe that was TWELVE years ago! Crazy!

The Van Vactor family said...

This is way too cute! I love your outfits and the theme party! how fun!! ps. I dont think you're crazy, I LOVE IT!! you can tell ben i said so! it reminds me of when april and i dug out the old leesburg blazers cheerleading uniforms!

RetroLeeTX said...

That is too cute! Love the party idea!