Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Bridal Shower Weekend


A few weekends ago I got the chance to spend time with my future sis-in-law Megan and her mom Kristie. Her bridal shower was on Saturday but we decided to start the festivities on Friday.
We headed up to Shipshewana for the day and bummed around looking through the shops and hoping to catch a few picturesque moments. Since they are from Virginia I thought they would enjoy a taste of Amish country.
Since the Amish do not approve of photographs this was my attempt at capturing an artistic touch of their beautiful way of life while still being respectful. Kind of cool, Huh!?!?


Friday night we had dinner at Etta and Mose Miller's house with a bunch of family and friends. They are an Amish couple that will cook dinners for groups of people at their home. It was so much fun! We LOVE their cooking!

Saturday morning was the shower. We had a really nice time. Here are a few pictures from the party.

Kathy is that a mimosa in your hand???? :)
I will leave you with this tasty little treat! Yum!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that is the prettiest cupcake i have ever seen! I don't think I could even eat it! :)

Courtney

Team Tonagel said...

Not only is that a pretty cupcake but it was a darn tasty one too. I had two. Not to mention 4 sandwiches, a muffin, 5 mini quiches, and a fruit kabob. Somedays, I just could eat forever. Good job on the shower!

Anonymous said...

You can't prove that was a mimosa.

a.tonagel said...

I have witnesses and I would like to add that it was 10 in the morning. :) Scott Lane would be shocked! Scandal!

RetroLeeTX said...

I would be disappointed in you all if that were NOT a mimosa!
Looks like so much midwestern fun -I just posted about "texas" fun - but I miss IN too..
Cupcakes are so beauuuuttiiiiful!

Megan said...

I think I had 3 mimosas before the 1st hour... Is that wrong? No, it was my shower, thats the only time you can get away with it!

I loved the shower thank you again!!!!!!!