Saturday, May 2, 2009

Modern Day Samson???

I had been wondering about something for quite some time. Is Sawyer a "Modern Day Samson?" If all his hair was cut off would he loose his incredible strength, booming voice, and sometimes animal like characteristics? Would we loose our "Junk Yard Dog?"
I felt a little like Delilah (me) delivering him to the Philistines (Ryan Bricker, AKA "Village Barber") to see what would happen.

After many people telling me "Honey, the poor boy needs a haircut!" and Ben's line, "He looks like one of those little boys that come to Kindergarten Round Up and you jot his name down to call CPS later to make sure he is not living out of a car." Oh... my poor baby.

I made the impromptu decision to trust Ryan with our baby's hair and surprise Ben with a haircut for Sawyer.

Sawyer was pumped about the whole thing because Mr. Ryan promised him a sucker after the cut.

Here is the finished product. I am proud to say that I didn't shed any tears and I actually liked the style on him. He and Charlie look even more like twins now and I keep getting them mixed up. I do miss his shaggy little mop but it turned out pretty good in the end. His girlfriend Josi even liked it. She smiled at him when she saw how it turned out.

When we got home the boys were asleep in the car so I just left them and came in the house. I didn't say anything to Ben and he went to get them a few minutes later. He came in the house and said, "Um... Amanda did you know Ryan cut Sawyer's hair? Is Ryan still alive?" He was quite worried. I assured him that I knew and actually asked him to do it as a surprise. He loves the new do and Ryan now approves of Sawyer marrying Josi some day. :)
All is well. Sawyer has proved that he is still the "Junk Yard Dog" without all his long flowing locks. No Samson here.
peace out, a

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very handsome boy! Love the new "do". :)

Courtney

Anonymous said...

We love it!!! I remember Troy after his locks were cut off, he looked so much older...
I'd love to see a picture with Charlie and Sawyer side by side now
nana and papa

ajnielsen said...

Aw, he looks adorable, but he would look adorable no matter how he had his hair - even bald:)

Anonymous said...

My little sawyer is getting so grown up! Joel and I love the hair cut, but I get so sad when I can't see it in person! We miss you guys and hope everything is wonderful for you!
Love
Auntie Mal-Mal and Uncle Joely

RetroLeeTX said...

He looks just like Charlie! Omg! Still an absolute cutie - I like both shaggy and short

The Grady Five said...

he looks ADORABLE!!

Nikki said...

Amanda he looks absolutely adorable! Vaughn looks like Ben described when his hair gets too long which is why we sport the "buzz cut" with him! :)