Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Great Outdoors

Last weekend we went camping with the boys in my parents motorhome. We had an absolute blast! I am already begging for a pop-up camper from Ben. The boys did wonderful! Here are a few of our favorite pictures from the weekend.

Exhausted after a bike ride. Imagine how poor Ben felt hauling them around. I think Baby #3 got me off the hook with not having to tote Charlie around on my bike. Thanks baby!

Here is Ben being really helpful to me while we were stuck in the motorhome during a rainstorm Friday night and Saturday morning.

Charlie said he was ready to go bike riding. He did a little dance for us to show how excited he was.
In my family we went camping twice a year with our horses to Potato Creek. The trail riding and food ruled the weekend. I intended to take pictures of all of our meals but forgot. Here were a few highlights of the buffet we sampled all weekend. Yum!!! (I gained 2 pounds from all the food. Apparently the 16 miles of bike riding we did didn't seem to make a difference.)

Biscuits and Gravy for breakfast and hamburgers for dinner...
Sawyer and Charlie loved the "top bunk" in the motorhome. Charlie slept great up there. Sawyer slept on the "table bed" and did really well. He only fell out once during the night! We count that as a success! Don't worry he has a hard head.

We can't wait to go camping again this summer.
peace out, a

p.s. Thanks for all the comments/emails/phone calls on the last post. Still deciding but definitely leaning towards not finding out!

4 comments:

Team Tonagel said...

Sounds like you had a good time. The biscuits and gravy are reason enough for me to take up camping... yum! Is it really considered camping when you get to sleep in luxury in a state of the art motor home? I am really loving Sawyer's hair. I thought I missed it but after seeing how cute he looks in those pictures... not sure I do anymore! And I always loved playing the "pregnant card"... glad you got out of hauling one of the boys around!

ajnielsen said...

Looks like you had a blast. We are taking Bailey on her first camping excursion over the 4th of July....should be interesting! Can we borrow your parents camper:)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. AMANDA, do you have any idea, what you are doing to your poor family here in Italy by showing us a picture of your American cheeseburger with all the fixing??? My mouth is WATERING...You are killing me. Please, you just cannot get a good cheeseburger here in Italy. They are just not good at all. I am going to be thinking about that all night now. Hope you had some for us! :) Courtney

dianne and bob said...

WOW! What fun you had... and what a high standard for cuisine! We don't approach that level at my 'at home' full kitchen... way to go!
Hope you find a cheap good pop up... should be a lot on the market now... have you tried Craig's list and Freecycle?

See you next week at Troy's Big Day!