Friday, November 12, 2010

Man I wish we lived closer!

I have been pretty busy this past week. Cabana Boy laughed that I have become quite the traveler lately. For the past two weekends we have driven to Indy and Muncie to watch school events and then this week I got the brilliant idea to throw all three boys in the car early in the morning and drive 3 hours by myself to go see our cousins Matt, Courtney, Nolan, Meredith and Liam for a few hours then drive 45 minutes to see my wonderful friend Nikki and her whole family (including her brand new baby girl!). My original plan was to do this all in one day and drive back home by 4pm. Well by 1pm I realized that wasn't going to happen. So... we drove back to our cousin's house, stayed the night (without any of our overnight things!) hung out the next morning and then made the long trek back home on Wednesday.
The moment we walked into the house Punk 3 decided to puke all over me. Fabulous. So... everyone had baths/showers, we ate lunch at 2:30pm and after another puking session all over me and our couch all the boys were in bed by 6:40pm. Not kidding. We were beyond exhausted!
I'm so glad we got to see everyone even though it was a short visit. I sure wish I lived closer to these wonderful friends and family.
In other news not much else is going on here except for Cabana Boy working like crazy, the dreaded hunting season has started and I am super excited/scared/nervous/honored that I am on call for my first birth photography shoot. I can't wait!!!! It will be a home waterbirth and I just am so humbled that this family is giving me the amazing experience to be there with them and allow me to capture these moments for them. I hope I can see through my tears that i know will be flowing as I take the pictures.
As much as I love the posed pictures of babies/kids/families I love more the moments in time I try to capture of life with these families. I know this is what I want to remember about my babies.
With that being said here are two photos that I took of my family and friends. Thanks guys for having us!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't not comment on those two pictures! AMAZING! You have become so talented at photography and truly capture moments that I could never picture! love you so much
Mal

The Richards Family said...

You are AMAZING Amanda! Thank you so much for everything. I know it was a crazy couple of days and we were both completley exhausted but it was so good to see you and catch up and so happy the kids could play again. Can't wait to seet the rest of the pictures!

Court and family