Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Prom Night Flashback

All of my favorite wedding photographers always start off their  posts with fabulous shots of the bride's shoes and accessories. Here is my hillbilly attempt at my prom shoes and handbag. I was excited to have a reason to use my Christmas gift from Meg (Coach bag) and Charlie helped me pick out these extremely uncomfortable shoes.  (Notice the annoying dog in the background??) 

Ben and I drove separate to the prom this year so that he could stay to help with clean-up. I had to leave at 9:30. Next year, I am staying late and he can be the responsible one for the night. I wanted to stay and party!
We had a really fun time getting all dressed up and eating dinner with some friends. We even got "real" prom pictures taken! 


After pictures it was dancing time!!!!! Here is Darcy showing off some of her moves. Please forgive me Darcy! I couldn't resist. :) 

Where is Ben???? Oh there he is standing FAR away from the dance floor and cringing as I yelled, "Honey! Mr. Tonagel! I'm over here!" Poor guy. He didn't stand a chance. He knew I was determined to embarrass him. 


And here was one of my favorite parts of the night. (Pardon the terrible copy. We don't have a scanner so I just took a picture. Pretty pathetic I know!) A few of us "Walkin' it out on the dance floor." So fun!!!! 
And while we are on a prom kick. I pulled out my old photo albums and found these pictures. Here we are at our first formal together- GR 1997. I was 16 and Ben was 18. We look about 10 though! Don't we look like the epitome of an awkward high school couple!?!?
And here we are at Ben's Senior Prom- 1997. He was Prom King!!! Hah!

Hope you all had a great weekend. We are busy this month with a lot of school functions.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am loving this post, I wish I was there to walk it out with you! oh by the way I love the Indian Dream Catcher in the background of your first formal pic :) love you guys!

mal

The Van Vactor family said...

I am so jealous of your prom! mandy and i went to Jcpenny's last year and tried on prom dresses and took pictures. I miss prom! By the way, I love the pictures from the past, got any more?

Anonymous said...

Aw, don't call Abner annoying! I'm such a sucker for my lab...yours too!
LOVE the photos and that you always get out there on the dance floor :)
-Ellen

Team Tonagel said...

Haha Mal, I thought the same thing--cool dream catcher! Cute pictures!

The Ballard Family said...

Loved the pictures! You guys crack us up! Was Ben prom King this year? HAHA!

Team Tonagel said...

Don't listen to Greg, Amanda. Your dress was totally cool.