Thursday, April 1, 2010

"Good thing you are so cute!"

This is what I say to Brooks every morning when he wakes up. To say that Brooks' isn't the best sleeper would be an understatement. He has now gotten up the last 2 nights 3-4 times a night. ugh... I love him so much but I would really like to sleep a little more. He also isn't really fond of napping during the day. Well I take that back. He likes to sleep if I am holding him! I consider it a victory if he sleeps more than 45 minutes at a time during the day.
I have been a little frustrated with myself lately because I realized that I love taking pictures of other people's babies and their own pregnant bellies but I rarely take "portraits" of my own kids and I don't have any portraits of my own bulging belly when I was expecting our three boys.
I tried convincing Ben that this was a good reason to have another one but he just said I was crazy. Go figure!
This pic is for my mom. She got each of our boys their "bear". Brooks has started paying attention to his a little more now so I thought she might like this picture.

3 comments:

Team Tonagel said...

Adorable! And wow, he is a clone of your other 2!

dianne and bob said...

Oh, my.... those portraits take my breath away! You are a great photographer.... keep it up! We are all welcome recipients.

Katie said...

Those pictures are adorable! I sooo feel your pain about not getting enough sleep. You want to hear about a BAD sleeper? Lyla is 13 months old and STILL doesn't sleep through the night! I wake up with her at LEAST once every night, sometimes more! When she's teething or sick it's 3-5 times. So, it's really a good thing that she's cute too! :) And when she was Brook's age she took 30-45 minute naps. SOO frustrating because you both need it! Anyway, keep those adorable pics coming :)