Tuesday, April 20, 2010

He tries so hard...

I know I have been really delinquent lately with my posts. Sorry! We had our computer updated last week so I couldn't add any pictures. I am back though now!

Real quickly here is a funny story...
This weekend Ben and I split up the boys. I took #1 and #3 with me to LP to see a friend and take some pictures for "from bellies to babies"  #2 stayed at home with him. It was so nice to have some one on one time with them. It doesn't happen very often.
While gone Ben tackled some house projects. I love my husband dearly and am so grateful for him but sometimes he drives me batty!!! I wish he could just settle down and relax at times but once he gets his mind set on something, there is no stopping him!

I called him late in the day on Saturday to see how they were doing. He said he said he had been painting the trim in the house. He can not sit still for anything!! I had only been gone for a few hours and instead of just relaxing on his day off he was painting trim with a two year old in the house.
On Sunday when I called he said, "Um... we have a problem."
"What's that?"
"I started touching up the paint in the upstairs bathroom."
I said, "We don't have any paint left for the upstairs bathroom."
"That's the problem."
I nervously asked, "What do you mean?"
"Well... I started touching up the room and realized that I used the wrong paint. So the color doesn't match exactly but I will run to the store and get one that is close."
I quickly said, "No! Don't just get one that is close. You have to get the same color! I kept the paint swatch somewhere. Look in the house folder for it. I remember it was called 'Sangria' or some kind of alcoholic drink like that.  (weird that I can remember that I know)
He promised he would and I thought that was the end of it. Oh no... I call on my way home Sunday night and he reports that he and #2 went to Lowes and bought "Sangria" paint and are headed home to touch up the walls AGAIN. I said, "Oh great! You found the paint swatch?"
"No, you just said it was 'Sangria'".
"No, I said it was something LIKE 'Sangria'!!!
Ben retorted, "I'm sure it will be fine!"
After retouching the walls TWICE, this is what I came home too... (picture all the walls looking like this!)

Ben suggested we just move the pictures around to cover up the spots. I'm thinking that isn't going to work!

Now most people probably touch up the walls with smaller amounts of paint. Nope not my hubby!
Most people might do a few spots and realize "hmmm... this doesn't look quite right." Nope not my hubby!

That night Ben found the paint swatch in the folder where I told him it would be. Guess what? The color is "Grenadine". :) I knew it was some sort of alcoholic drink! :)

Wonder what Ben will be up to this weekend? Oh yea, touching up the paint in the bathroom again! Let's hope the third time is a charm.

a
ps. I really do love my husband! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe if you would drink one of those alcoholic drinks it wouldn't look so bad. :)

Katie said...

OMG! That is soo something my "dear" husband would do too! (Although, I can't remember the last time he got motivated to do something like paint trim and touch up paint without me first lighting a fire under his butt--those are the kind of projects I like to take on myself!) BUT he is the type that thinks if it's close, it will work, and no one will notice. Um, sorry, probably not gonna happen in your situation though :) Good luck getting that one straightened out!!!

Joel/Mal and Troy/Meg said...

that is just the funniest thing i have every heard! i love your posts, they always put a smile on my face! love you
mal

Linz said...

wow...cracked me up. First off-love that you call your boys by their #'s! Is this what I get to look forward to Amanda?! ha! And men-seriously know NOTHING about paint colors:) That was funny he tried so hard though! Have fun retouching:)

The Van Vactor family said...

I can't believe Ben would do that!! He seems like such a perfect person that he would never mess up paint like that! hahahaa nice one Ben!

RetroLeeTX said...

Baaa Haaa Haaa!!!
You need a real Sangria from Texas to settle things down up there - then get to fixin' the walls.