Thursday, April 22, 2010

Tastes so good!

My baby boy started eating food last week. :( sniff sniff... I cried when both of the other boys started eating baby food. I know in my head it is ridiculous but I just hated this milestone. For so long- 15 months (conception-6 months) they were totally dependent on me. (Brooks and Charlie both refused bottles also.)  Now... not so much.
I am proud to say that I didn't cry this time around. I am trying so hard not to be sad about these little things and to enjoy them instead of being sappy. It probably helped though that his first food was a hamburger bun from Culvers, Mashed Potatoes from Wana-Cup and some yummy guacamole with the family. Three of my favorite things to eat!
I was hoping to hold off starting food for awhile but since he kept begging and trying to grab my drinks/food I figured it was time.
He is teething again... ugh! So the other day I had the bright idea (if I do say so myself) to give him a cold apple slice to eat/gnaw on. He loved it! This kept him happy through lunch

Off to mix up some guacamole for taco salad! Yum!

4 comments:

Kathy Tonagel said...

can he have one of nana's cookies now?

a.tonagel said...

NO!

Beth said...

he has beautiful eyes!

RetroLeeTX said...

Tell him to quit growing so fast! Aunt Sissy will see him this summer!