Thursday, November 19, 2009

You my best friend.

As we have mentioned before Sawyer is an extremely physical/ rough and tumble kid. He loves contact and is ready to pound anyone that looks at him funny. Despite all this he is also extremely affectionate and funny. He is loyal to the core and loves his family.
Here is a little story that had me cracking up this past week.
The other day he came up to me out of nowhere and said, "I love you, Mama." I said, "Oh Sawyer, you melt my heart. I love you too." He then said, "You my best friend." This just totally made my day! When Ben came home I bragged and bragged about how I had a new best friend. I couldn't help but smile inside. I knew Sawyer loved me but to hear him say it without prompting was so special.
The next night we were at my parents' house and I had told them the story about Sawyer. The t.v. was on and it was Super Nanny. The children on the show were being extremely naughty and my two kids were glued just watching it. Just as I was suggesting that we turn the channel Sawyer says, "What is that little boy's name?" My mom said,"His name is Zachary and he is being very naughty." Sawyer replies with a big grin, "I love Zachary. He my best friend!"
Boy don't I feel special!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! Love it! I watched that episode and wanted to smack little Zachary upside the head!

Anonymous said...

Loved that story! Seriously, I know I tell you this all the time, but I could just snuggle Sawyer to pieces. He is too cute for words, EVEN when he acts naughty. I hope one day I have a son just like him.
Love you
Mal

Team Tonagel said...

Haha... laughing out loud over here. Too funny! I love that little guy!

L,P+B Penziol said...

I can't wait for Burke to say I love you!! I'm just waiting and waiting...