Friday, November 13, 2009

Thanksgiving Day Placemats

For some reason I have become obsessed with having a new handmade Thanksgiving Day decoration each year. Here is what I found in a magazine this year. I thought it would be fun to make the placemats shown below with the boys.
I bought all the supplies for our craft when I was in labor with Brooks. Is that a dedicated crafter or what!?!?!? :)

So this is my idea of "fun". A lot of glue, yarn, paint and two boys!



Here is one of our finished products. They didn't turn out quite as nice as the ones in the magazine but I bet I will treasure these for years to come more than if I had made them by myself.
We are going to make these at MOPS this week as our craft. We are going to use cut-up grocery bags instead of fabric for the back. They really were fun to make. Hope you are all getting in the thankful state of mind. I know I have 3 little boys that I am thankful for!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The placemats are so cute! You will definitely cherish them more since the boys helped :)
Are you hosting TDay this year?! You are ambitious if so!
I also am thankful for so many things in my life!
Blessings - Ellen

The Richards Family said...

Wow! Cute! How do you do that?

CR

dianne and bob said...

I love the craft and on grocery bags is perfect! altho, it won't be a family treasure... better make one extra to save! Maybe you better make an extra fabric one too?? they don't look washable LOL...

I loved my snugli, but I am thinking the sling/wrap looks more comfortable for the baby. I have the snugli available for loan for anyone who wants it. I lost count at 38 - the number of babies that have used it! It is a wonderfully softened corduroy.

enjoy thanksgiving!