Saturday, November 1, 2008

Wild Wild West!

This year the boys swapped costumes and Charlie was the cowboy and Sawyer was the Indian. Both of the boys' costumes were my brother's from about 35+ years ago. I love them so much I made them wear them again this year. I figure they probably won't be able to fit into them by next year. I am so thankful that my mom took such good care of them.






This is how I managed to get them into their outfits each day. Thank goodness for Sesame Street! Trying to put "war-paint" on Sawyer is not an easy task! :)

Charlie loved wearing his chaps and hat. My sister got Charlie this real cowboy hat at the Stockyards in Fort Worth a few years ago. He loves wearing it. The boots were mine from when I was about 2 years old. We practiced saying, "Howdy Partner" and "Howdy Ma'am".





Sawyer looked adorable in his Indian outfit. The bells added a nice touch. It was great for when I couldn't find him. I just listened for the bells. :) He kept ripping the headband and feathers out but I managed to get a few pics with them in.



We had a busy week of Halloween activities. On Monday we went to Storytime. Tuesday we went to Ben's school and handed out candy to the teachers and Charlie got his haircut in cosmetology.



On Thursday I took them to Grace's Fun Fest with the Brickers and Nguyens. It was pretty crazy! Tons of people! The boys got to take pony rides. Sawyer LOVED it!






On Friday we went to a party with some other moms from our MOPS group.




Overall it was a blast! I loved dressing them up and showing them off. I think they make the cutest Cowboy and Indian ever. :)



5 comments:

The Grady Five said...

they look absolutely adorable!!
Love and miss you guys!!

RetroLeeTX said...

Yes, they are the best ever! Love, Love them! The kids like looking at their pictures. Hope they're eating lots, and lots of candy:)!

Anonymous said...

Those outfits are adorable!

Team Tonagel said...

I concur. Cutest cowboy and indian EVER!

sara said...

Amanda,
I just stumbled upon your blog through Allison Johnson's. Thought I'd say hi! Your boys are beautiful! Glad to see you guys are doing so well! Tell Ben I said hello!

Sara(Maule)Spitler