Monday, November 10, 2008

Deep thoughts...

hmmm... I know I haven't posted anything for awhile. Sorry about that to all my millions of viewers.

I honestly just haven't had anything exciting to share this past week. I normally have my camera out every day snapping shots of the boys doing something funny but this past week has been different for some reason. Well actually a couple...

First off, Charlie is in a complete "funk". Not really sure what else to call it. He has been really trying this past week. He is exerting his will with EVERYTHING! If it isn't his idea, then it is not going to get done according to him.

I actually video taped him the other day in the middle of a total temper tantrum. He was kicking, screaming, and running at me trying to hit me. I taped him for a few reasons. 1) To prove to my mom that her sweet innocent grandson who is in her eyes an angel does have the occasional evil streak in him. 2) For documentation. I wanted to have proof in 30 years when I have totally morphed into my mother (I am only about 1/2 way there) that there were a few bad days with the boys. According to my mom, my brother, sister and I were all perfect angels that never did anything wrong. and finally 3) I thought it might actually break the spell and snap him out of his tantrum. Didn't work.

I am at my wits end with him. This morning I had to haul him into the car to go to StoryTime at the library (which he LOVES) while he was kicking, screaming and trying to bite me. He said he didn't want to go. He screamed most of the way there and then once we walked into the room he was completely fine! If he had made the suggestion that we get ready for StoryTime he would have been fine.

Ben's principal told him that every day when he would walk in the door from work he would ask his wife, "So did we win the battle today?" and she would respond, "I guess we will find out in 20 years." I feel like I am doing battle every day. I know my discipline will pay off in the long run but I am an "immediate gratification" kind of person. I am the type of kid who needs the treasure box prize if they have had a good day. I may have to make my own treasure box for me to pick a prize out of. I am thinking I will stock it with gift certificates. Hmmm.... Yeah... like to Hobby Lobby, Target, Panera and DSW. Ohh.. and if I have been a good mom all month maybe I should get a big prize like a plane ticket! Don't really care where, just a plane ride by myself with no children!

I will post about our other issues later. If you have any suggestions or words of wisdom for a mom of a two year old, Let me have 'em!

peace out,
I am off to make a treasure chest.
a

3 comments:

Team Tonagel said...

Is that what I have to look forward to?!

The Grady Five said...

Praying for you during these times!! They aren't easy but well worth it when you stick to your guns and show them who is boss!! :-) Seriously, your boys are sweet and adorable and you are doing an awesome job!!
Keep it up!!
Love you!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Ben used to bite when he was 2 so as you can see it's definately a Tonagel trait especially since all the kids in your family were "angels." Anyway the point is look how good Ben turned out so there is your encouragement as to raising a 2-yr. old. God Bless! JP