Thursday, November 20, 2008

Auntie Mal-Mal and Uncle Joely


The four of us drove to Indy Monday afternoon. Ben had a principal's conference there for 2 days so the boys and I took advantage of having some time away from the house. Ben's brother, Joel and his wife, Malorie live in downtown Indy. Our boys adore their Auntie Mal-Mal and Uncle Joely.

We had originally planned on having Charlie stay with us in the hotel and Sawyer stay with Joel and Mal. Charlie changed his mind once we walked into their apartment. He promptly said, "I'm going to MY room. I'm gonna sleep here with Joel." So... the boys spent both nights with their Aunt and Uncle. According to Mal and Joel the boys did ok during the night. Charlie kept kicking them in the face and Sawyer ended up sleeping with Mal on the couch one of the nights. Ben and I really appreciated the break from the boys.


While there Mal, Joel and I took the boys to the Children's Museum. They LOVED it! For those of you who haven't been before, it is well worth the trip! It is the largest children's museum in the world!



The boys and Joel were laying down on a bench to look at this beautiful ceiling of blown glass.

Here are the boys in an Indy Race car.
They enjoyed being superheros for awhile. Charlie is really into Batman. I have no clue how he even knows who he is since he hasn't ever seen the show.
I swear my boys would dig all day long if I let them. They could have stayed in this part of the museum for hours.

Sawyer's favorite part was watching the trains (Choo-Choos).
Mal has always claimed that Joel is a "Sawyer Hog". After looking at my pictures, I think she is right. :)




That night we went swimming at their apartment building. The water was freezing! Charlie thought it was funny though that he got to "push" Uncle Joel and Daddy into the pool. These pictures are of the boys "patiently" waiting for Mal and Joel. :) Look at Sawyer's little face!




The next day we went shopping and Auntie Mal-Mal bought the boys a stuffed turkey from Build-A-Bear.

We ended the trip on a high note. Charlie accidently locked himself in Joel and Mal's bedroom. So after a few minutes of us trying to coach him on how to unlock the door. Joel resorted to "doing it movie style". (This is what he actually said when Mal asked what he was doing!) He had Charlie jump up on the bed and he tried kicking the door in. Eventually he got the door open and Charlie was given a lesson on opening a lock.


We were all exhausted when we left but had a great time. We are so thankful that the boys have such wonderful God-parents. They love their Uncle Joely and Auntie Mal-Mal!

2 comments:

ajnielsen said...

Amanda, I can't get enough of your boys. They are just too cute!! I think my favorite is the one of Sawyer waiting to go swimming. That face is priceless. Keep the pictures coming.

Anonymous said...

I live a few blocks from the museum! I should've met you there!