Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Gobble, Gobble!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend with our family.



We kicked off the festivities with dinner at our house on Wednesday afternoon. Ben and I really enjoy hosting parties and holidays here at our house so I worked hard for three days and had the house and all the food ready for when Ben walked in the door Wednesday after school. His family joined us for dinner that night. Ben's mom and Grandmas brought the rolls, stuffing and desserts. I made the turkey, potatoes and gravy, corn casserole, green bean casserole, cranberry relish and carrots. Yum! We just finished all the leftovers!

During dinner I forced everyone to wear some special attire. Charlie and I made pilgrim, Indian and Turkey leg hats. They were so funny! Even the Grandmas joined in the fun.





Here is a picture of Hugh and Ben sharing a peace pipe after dinner. I looked over at the table and everyone was gone except for these two. They were in deep converstation while still wearing their hats! Hah!



On Thursday we headed to LaPorte to spend the day with my side of the family. My sister and her family made the long trek from Texas for the weekend. We once again forced everyone to wear our funny hats.



Here is my sister being a real "turkey". She was trying to be all prim and proper while wearing her drumsticks.




On Friday we went to see Santa. The boys loved him!


On Saturday we went to cut down the Griswald, I mean Tonagel family Christmas tree. The boys enjoyed walking around outside, eating popcorn and looking at deer poop. :)

Sunday we spent the afternoon with our friends the Brickers. Both of our boys are in love with Joslyn. As of right now, she loves the attention from both of them but we will see who chooses in the end. I just hope it is one of them!



We hope everyone had a wonderful time with family and friends this past weekend. We are thankful for all the blessings God has given us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those hats are too funny!

The Richards Family said...

You guys are so festive, great pictures. I am surprised you got everyone to wear those silly hats.. :) Courtney

christie holst said...

I LOVE your pictures!!! I can't believe how big the boys are getting! My Charlie is still cute as can be. And I love Junk Yard Dog--SO fitting!

I miss you guys!!!