Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Deck the Halls!

Last week the boys and I put up all of our Christmas decorations. I just love having the house decorated. Everything looks so beautiful and smells sooooo good! (cookies, real tree and Cranberry candles burning) Yum!
Our Nativity set was a wedding gift from a family friend. My mom then added on to it for us each year so we have a packed stable. (Side note... Today while looking at a picture of Mary holding Jesus, Charlie asked me, "Where's Joseph?" I started to respond and he cut in and said, "Oh yeah, he went to get Mary some food." I said, "Yeah, she was probably pretty hungry after all that work." He said, "Yeah, Joseph got her some pizza.") :)

Here are some of my favorite ornaments.

This Tinkerbell was mine from when I was little. I got her on a trip to Disney World.


If you went to LPHS you have to have a "Slicer" ornament!


This pretty dove and bridal couple were wedding gifts to us.



I gave Charlie my old classroom tree and he had a blast decorating it. It took him a few days because he just kept rearranging all of the ornaments. He is very proud of his finished product.

I call this my "Tacky Tinsel Christmas Tree". I love it, I love it, I love it! (old SNL skit) :) This tablecloth was my grandma's. Hideous I know, but it is so fun at the same time! It goes perfect in our retro 40's style kitchen. The tree was in my toy room growing up.

Hope you all enjoy decorating your houses. Put on a Bing Crosby cd, a pot of cinnamon and oranges on the stove and get decking! (Not sure if that is correct. Probably not. Being a former language teacher I should probably know that. Oh well!)
peace out,
a

3 comments:

The Richards Family said...

Beautiful!

ajnielsen said...

Everything looks beautiful. I love Charlie's story about getting Mary some pizza. Also, for some reason I missed out on the Slicer ornament and our tree is taken over by Minnesota ornaments - Vikings, Wild, Timberwolves, Gophers, Twins. However, I must say that my IU ornament sits proudly right smack dab in the center of the tree!!!

Team Tonagel said...

Well done Amanda. I love grandma's tablecloth. It is totally cool and vintage--fits very well in your kitchen!