Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas at the Tonagel House


Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the past few days. We had a wonderful time here at home. The boys loved playing with all their new toys.

(This pic was taken at 1:30 am on Christmas morning.)


Charlie's biggest surprise was his "Big Boy" bed. He was sssoooo.... excited! It was adorable. When he saw it he yelled, "I got a bed! I got a big boy bed! I can sleep on it! I can jump on it!"



The boys also got sleds, a "GeoTrax" train set, books and new pajamas from us.


My big present was a new camera. I love cameras! Surprise, I know. :) On Christmas Eve, Charlie came running up to me and said in a whisper, "Shh... Don't tell Daddy you got a camera for Christmas." (Ben let him help with the wrapping. Thanks Ben!) The next morning as we opened presents Charlie would bring me a gift and say, "Here is your movie. It's "Dancing with the Stars!". "Here is a ring Daddy got for you." (I lost my toe ring that I had worn for 8 years straight. Ben got me a new one.)

Here are a few pics from my new camera...




We spent Christmas Eve day with ALL the Tonagels. The boys got lots of nice gifts from their Aunts and Uncles. This is the boys' youngest cousin Jace. As you can see they are very excited about him. :)


I made the other Tonagel women matching aprons for their presents. I also made 5 sets of "Bozo Buckets" for all of the boys' friends and cousins. I already told Ben not to let me do that again next year! I am making a promise to myself to just buy gifts like normal people!


Ben's parents got the boys their own table. Charlie loves eating his meals at it. Sawyer doesn't get the idea of sitting still yet. Don't they look like such big boys!



My parents got Charlie a baseball set for summer and Sawyer his own wooden school bus. My dad also hand carved each of the boys their own wooden train set!




Overall it was a wonderful holiday. We are all exhausted and still trying to recoup (I stayed up till 2:20 am on Christmas Eve getting everything ready.) but are enjoying having Ben home from school for a few weeks.

Hope you all enjoyed our Savior's birthday!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from the Tonagels!

4 comments:

Cindi said...

Now I am so very confused...I thought you just got a new camera and took pictures of Troy and Megan?

a.tonagel said...

I have two now! :) One SLR system and a point and shoot for my purse. You can never have too many cameras!

Team Tonagel said...

Two cameras?? You guys are bigtime! Love the Christmas pics. Looks like you guys had a really fun day. I love the picture of the Tonagel cousins! Is Charlie sleeping well in his big boy bed?

Jill and Darren said...

Your christmas stories are so funny! And I love the aprons you made, but somehow can't tell who's who in the apron picture! I can't even figure out which one is amy! lol!