Sunday, January 4, 2009

So sad...

Yesterday I was able to spend a wonderful afternoon with some of my favorite girlfriends. When I walked in the door I was met with a very sad scene. Ben had taken advantage of me being gone for a few hours and sniff sniff... cut Sawyer's hair. I seriously started crying right on the spot. I couldn't help it. I was so devastated. For those of you who know me and Sawyer very well, you know that I loved Sawyer's long hair. I think it also fit his personality very well (Junk Yard Dog). I will admit that Friday night after spending the afternoon at a family party I didn't really want to claim him as my child. He looked awful! He was filthy dirty, smelly, bruises all over his poor little face (he falls on everything!) and his hair was all matted. But... none the less he was still sweet to me. I had agreed to get his hair TRIMMED. Not chopped! Apparently Ben didn't believe me. I hope it grows back quickly. I miss all his moppy hair. :(



I took this picture this afternoon. Ben claims he liked getting his hair cut.

Hmmm... highly doubt it!



This was taken when Sawyer woke up from a nap a week or so ago! Hah!
done venting,


a

6 comments:

Kathy Tonagel said...

well if it makes you feel any better...I recall about 20 years ago when I came home and found baby boy Troy with a BUZZ!!!--compliments of Scott Lane and Hugh.

Actually Sawyer looks adorable.
nana

Betsy Spoor said...

"MEATBALL!!!"
He still looks cute :)
betsy

Anonymous said...

He looks really cute-- and that sweater looks great on him!! I'm just glad it was Ben and not Ryan. :)

~Jess

Anonymous said...

I would be so upset too!! Isn't it an unspoken rule that moms get to decide what to do with the kids' hair???

ajnielsen said...

I think you should shave Ben's head while he is sleeping!

Anonymous said...

Top shelf cut Ben! I didn't think you had the guts to go through with it. You moved way up on my list of "Absolute Studs."
I'm glad I didn't end up being the bad guy.
You guys need to try for a girl so Amanda can play with her hair.
-Ryan
Owner, Village Barber