Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Anne Mae Tonagel

Ben's grandma Anne Mae Tonagel affectionately known as "Gang Anne" passed away this past Saturday. We are saddened deeply for our loss but know that she is with her Savior Jesus Christ.
She was so special to Ben, the boys and I. We miss her so much already. We only have fond memories of her and for that we are so thankful.


Just a warning that this is a long post but she deserves it. Here are a few of the pictures I have of Grandma from the last few years.

Here is the first picture we have of the four generations: Anne, Hugh, Benjamin and Charles Grady Tonagel- February 25, 2006.

Grandma was so proud to have a Great-Grandson named after her late husband- Charles. Ben has always said how happy he is that Grandma got to see his sons.

Grandma with Charlie as a baby.
For Charlie's dedication at church Grandma bought him this beautiful wooden rocking chair. He loves rocking and reading books in it by himself. Charlie's dedication at church. This is probably my favorite picture I have of Grandma. This shows her real smile. She loved Charlie so much. Here she is with Charlie on his first birthday. She and Grandma Gi Gi joined in the festivities and dressed up as pirates. Great-Grandbaby #2 arrives on July 4, 2007. Sawyer Benjamin Tonagel. I think this picture is hilarious. Both grandmas have the "typical" grandma expression ("ohhhh") on their faces while not realizing that Charlie is actually pinching Sawyer's toes. This is a picture of all the "Grandmas" at Charlie's 2nd birthday. If this doesn't make you laugh, I don't know what would! Here are both Great-Grandmas dressed up at Charlie's 2nd birthday. What party animals! Mother's Day 2008 at our house. Sawyer received his own matching rocking chair from Grandma for his birthday. Now he and Charlie don't have to fight over the only one. Meet Great-Grandbaby #3! Proud parents- Greg and Amy introduce Jace Gregory to Grandma this past fall. For those of you who don't know Grandma she is a die hard Republican. Look at her button in this picture. :) Here is Grandma this past Thanksgiving at our home. She indulged me and the boys and wore appropriate Indian and Pilgrim attire for dinner. :) Here are Grandma's 3 Great-Grandsons at Christmas. For Christmas this year, she and Hugh and Kathy got the boys this wonderful table to match their rocking chairs. This is them on Christmas morning eating at it. I hope they always remember that their Great-Grandma gave them their chairs and table set. She loved them so much. Grandma Anne left a wonderful legacy. She had 3 children, 8 grandchildren and 3 great-grandsons. This is the last family picture we have with her. It was taken this past October.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

She was a very sweet lady, always very involved in your lives. I am sorry for you all's loss.

ajnielsen said...

Ben, Amanda, and the rest of the Tonagel family, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how very special she was to your entire family. She was such a sweet lady. Thoughts and prayers are with you all during this time.

Anonymous said...

What a special lady Grandma Anne was!! I always enjoyed visiting with her at birthday parties- she was the life of the party and such a great sport! She left such a great legacy in a wonderful son, grandsons and great-grandsons. We will miss her!!

Ryan & Jessica

Anonymous said...

Amanda and Ben,
I always envied how you guys (and the rest of the Tonagel boys) were so close in proximity to Grandma Anne. Andrew and I had to be the vagabonds (guess we take after our mom). I remember running around the old farmhouse with Ben and Greg. They stole my teddy bear and Grandma got it back for me :) I wish I weren't so far in Arizona and could be there with you guys and the rest of the family. I can't wait to meet your beautiful kids. Please give everyone hugs from me and let them know I miss them.
Much love and hugs,
Annie

Anonymous said...

What a lovely tribute to Grandma Anne, my Mom. Thank you, Amanda, for allowing us to share your thoughts and feelings. Love, Aunt Charlene.

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful Amanda. Yes Grandma Anne so loved her grandsons and great-grandsons. Thanks for hosting our family on holidays; it gave us lots of memories and pictures!
Kathy (Mom, Nana)

dianne and bob said...

What a loving tribute to a wonderful woman. A role model for me! Her picture reading to Charlie is on my refrigerator as a reminder that no time spent with a child is ever to be rushed through.
I am so glad you and Ben were able to read your tributes at the funeral today. It was a wonderful celebration of her life.

family friends,
Dianne and Bob and Seth