Sunday, February 6, 2011

Crayon making

Sorry for the lack of posts. I know I promised to do better with the blog but I needed a little break from it and hadn't honestly taken too many photos around the house here lately.
A have a few posts ready to go now so check back every few dates for an update on my punks.

Today's post is about a craft we did a few weeks ago. I have been trying to clean out and organize our craft supplies a little better. The punks have a bad habit of just dumping out all the crayons, markers, glue sticks, etc... all at once and then just making a huge mess without actually creating anything. So in an effort to organize we pulled out all the tiny bits of broken crayons and decided to melt them together to make some new rainbow crayons.

tip: double up the foil. A few of our pieces broke and we had wax all over my muffin tins.



When I told the boys to put their heads together so I could get them in the photo, this is what I got. :)




After baking them at 250 for about 12 minutes, I put the pans outside to cool and we ended up with a bunch of these beauties!

4 comments:

ashlie ostergren said...

Cute idea!
Ashlie

Anonymous said...

That is soooo cute! Thanks for the great idea. I am so going to try this. All these days indoors are driving us crazy. You are so creative and such a fun mommy!
Amanda Penziol

Anonymous said...

I've done this a few times. try using 2 cupcake liners for each crayon, works great and no leaks! although they do look like reese's peanut butter cups gone bad

darcy said...

VERY cool! I may need to copy your idea. =)