Thursday, October 14, 2010

Remembering Brooks' birthday

Today was Brooks' first birthday. I know I should be sharing a collage of his first year in pics but I am just not up to going through my thousands of pictures. I cried enough already today.
Instead I am just reliving his BIRTHday 1 year ago. It really was the best day of my life. The wedding was nice, the births of Charlie and Sawyer were awesome but Brooks birth was just the best. I loved it because I fell in love with my husband more than ever and was so happy to have my other two boys there with us (and can't forget Nana!). I can't say enough wonderful things about Goshen Birth Center and the Fairhaven midwives. They really did give me the birth of my dreams.

So... if you would like to see some of the posts dealing with his birth here ya go...
-One of the last posts before he was born- "Homestretch"
-Posting at 2am the next morning right after walking in the door- "It's a..."
- First pics posted "Brooks"
- Details- "The Final Countdown"
- I love "The High"
- and of the answers to your "Burning Questions"

Here are a few pictures from this morning of my birthday boy-

I almost want to go wake him up and squeeze him. almost...

4 comments:

RetroLeeTX said...

Kiss that baby for me! Happy Birthday Brooksie!!! We love you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Big Boy!! Hope you had a great day! It's ok Amanda, I understand... :-)You'll get thru it!

Love,
The Richards
Matt court Nolan, Meredith, and Liam

JKTUCEK said...

Happy Birthday, Brooks! Just reading your post made my heart break, Amanda. What a week you've had. It was really neat to read about how Brooks's birth was such a turning point in your marriage and life - Praise God! Hoping Year Two is filled with lots of smiles, hugs, and SLEEP! :) Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your littlest guy :)