Monday, September 8, 2008

The Triathletes




A few weekends ago a bunch of us competed in the Wawasee Triathlon. Ben, Joel, and Chase did the whole triathlon themselves while us girls did it as a team. I swam the first leg, Jessica then biked, and Mal finished by running. We won our division! (I feel compelled to tell you there were only 3 in our division.) The guys did great also! They all placed. Joel was the overall winner for our group. The day was extra special since it was Ben's 30th b-day. Charlie and Sawyer held up signs for him and had shirts that said, "Our Dad's Faster than your Dad!"



I was planning to be able to call myself a "real" triathlete this weekend. I had signed up for a triathlon in Michigan City where I would do the entire race (it was a shortened one). I was so excited about it. I was fully prepared to get my butt kicked but I still thought it would be cool. I had even bought a hideous spandex outfit for the biking and running part! I pity all the spectators.


Oh no... instead by the time I arrived in LaPorte with both boys on Friday afternoon I had a 102.7 temperature that lasted for most of the day and on to Saturday. Ugh... I was so mad! So.. long story short there was no way I could swim in Lake Michigan and go biking and running with that kind of temp. I was so out of it. Luckily I was at my parents and they took care of the boys while I stayed in bed for most of the day. In the end my mom had to drive me home because I was so dizzy still on Sat afternoon. Sunday was no better. It is now Monday and I am still dizzy and have a massive headache but I finally broke down, went to the doctor, handed over a bunch of money to hear him say, "Well, sometimes these viruses will last awhile. You just need to ride it out." Ugh!



Well, I guess I will just have scare the competitors next summer with my spandex.

bummer


signed,

still just the swimmer :(



5 comments:

The Grady Five said...

What a bummer!!

So sorry that you are still feeling bad!!

The Richards Family said...

Sorry you are feeling so bad. :( Love the pictures though. You guys look great! And love the kids holding up the signs, so cute. So sorry we missed your birthday Ben. Happy Belated Birthday, the 30th is a big one! :)The blog looks great too! Courtney

RetroLeeTX said...

Glad you went to the doctor - any better today??

Cindi said...

okay so by now I hope you know I was referring to nice guns on the triathlete pic, and not the crop dusting. People probably think I'm a dork...

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! I've been meaning to ask you how the triathlon went! I'm so sad you weren't able to participate in the lone one...but good for you for trying! I'm really proud of you, girl! You look great!