Friday, September 19, 2008

Three times the blessings!

Earlier this week I made the trek through Chicago and up into northern Illinois to visit some old friends, Jeff and Kristen Ballard. They were blessed with triplets one month ago; two boys and one girl!
Jeff and Ben played ball together in high school and Kristin was roommates with one of my best friends- Kathy Zawada-Tucek at IU. So... we all know each other in kind of random ways. Anyway... I haven't seen Jeff and Kristen in about 2 years so when I finally got brave enough to drive through Chicago to go visit Kathy, I figured I am this close, I want to see the triplets! (Sorry, Jeff and Kristen you guys are kind of in the back seat now.) Just teasing I really did want to see you also.

Jeff was a trooper and played with 3 out of the 4 children Kathy and I brought with us while we "oohh.. and ahhhed" over the babies.
They are sooooo..... tiny! Benjamin Erik is the biggest at 5 lbs, Abigail Paige is the tiniest at 4lbs and Luke James is somewhere in between. (I hope I got all those stats right.)

Jeff and Kristen are such amazing people. I wish we saw each other more often. They have such an awesome story with these babies. God has truly worked in their lives and is continuing to do so. Kristen is one of the strongest gals I know to carry three babies to 35 weeks while being SSSSIIIICCCKKK the ENTIRE pregnancy.

The babies names have such a cool meaning. I will let them tell that story. Jeff you have to blog about that now! :)
Check out their blog at http://www.jeffandkristenballard.blogspot.com/ for more details.

After we left their house, we drove to Kathy's house for a stay. I will blog about this in another posting but I will give you a little teaser to get you to come back- Picture Charlie trying to put me to bed after an exhausting day of driving and night at Chuck E Cheese's! Yikes! :) Stay tuned for more!

peace out, a

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still can't get over two things! 1. How tiny each one of the babies is... and 2. How ALL of them fit into her!
Precious, precious. I love seeing my hand-me-downs worn on the tiny ones :)

Anonymous said...

Amanda, Thanks for coming to see our family! I had such a great time. We need to get together again sooner than 2 years. Time went too fast during your visit. I absolutely adore your boys! They are so funny and sweet. Your family is welcome anytime. Next time bring your hubby so Jeff is not the only man around! HAHA! :)

Love, Kristen