Thursday, September 4, 2008

Crazy Crop Dusters


Is it just me or does anyone else in the Midwest think crop dusters are both insanely crazy but also the coolest thing ever????

I took these pictures a few weeks ago while standing on my front porch. I used my normal lens on my camera. No telephoto lenses here, people! (Although, if you see Ben, hint around that that would be a great gift idea! Thanks!)


On with the story... In the bottom photos you can see the outline of our porch and the barn behind our house. They really do get that close!


The first summer we lived in our home I was upstairs when I heard the loud engine coming outside. I ran to the window and about peed my pants when I looked out and the pilot literally waved at me (not kidding!). I thought for sure he was going to hit the house!


Now, I know some people worry about the chemicals that are being sprayed out of the planes. Around our house, if it provides a few minutes of entertainment for the boys, I am cool with it! So... if they end up with an extra eye on their forehead or something. I will just blame those crazy crop dusters. :0)


peace out, a


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Ballard Family said...

Hey Amanda...awesome blog! You are a pro already. We are looking forward to keeping up with you, Ben, Mr. Entertainer, and the Junkyard Dog!

Jeff & Kristen