Thursday, July 8, 2010

Happy Birthday/Fourth of July Part 1

This year we decided to do our first "kid" party. Sawyer wanted to invite his friends over for a little playdate and then open presents from his family after the parade. So... that is what we did. 
I am usually a cupcake fanatic and I love making them look really pretty. I relented and let Sawyer do all the sprinkles this year. He picked out the icing color and all the sprinkles. They were delicious!
A surprise guest made an appearance at the party. I am sorry to say that he probably wasn't feeling the best after the party. Poor toad. Didn't stand much of a chance with 10 preschoolers running around. 
By the way... I am in love with this photograph!
Painting time! I let the kids go wild on a sheet.

Now time for "Frozen T-Shirt" contest. Brady was the winner!

Hoola Hoop toss game. Charlie get your hands off your butt cheeks!
Slip n' slide action! (Thanks Uncle Troy and Aunt Megan for the b-day gift!)
Hotdogs, cupcakes and snowcones for lunch. What a healthy treat! NOT!


Singing to our birthday boy. He was so sweet. He kept chuckling to himself and just looking at his cupcake.
Sawyer and his friends saying "Happy Fourth of July!"

4 comments:

Team Tonagel said...

LOVE that second to last picture of Sawyer. He looks so.... innocent!

Katie said...

What a fun party! You are such a cool mom. I cracked up at the picture of Charlie with his hands on his butt cheeks :) Your boys are so cute and you can tell that they are ALL BOY. So much fun! Tell Ben you still need a GIRL :)

JKTUCEK said...

Even though I LOVE seeing your work with other familes, these pictures of Sawyer's birthday are just beautiful, Amanda. I especially loved the one with all the kids at the end - looks like it should be in a magazine!!

Natalie said...

Wow! Looks like a great party...way to go mom! By the way...weird...I have a brother named Troy and my sister's name is Megan. Glad Sawyer had a good time. I can't believe they are at the age already that they want a friend b-day party...where does the time go!