Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What???

Since tomorrow is Charlie's birthday I will make all the posts this week about him.
Last week he brought home a paper from preschool where he had obviously written his name. I said, "Charlie you did a great job writing your name! Did your teacher help hold your hand while you were writing?"
He said, "No. I did it myself."
"Oh. Did she put dots for your letters and you did connect the dots?"
He said again,"No. I did it myself."
"What??? You did this totally by yourself?"
"Yea, she tells me what letters to write and I write them."
"No way! Let me see."

Here is what he did...

I couldn't believe it! I felt terrible that my baby knew how to write his whole name and I didn't even know he could do it! Whenever we send a card I just have him make a "C" and "T". I had no clue that he could do all of these.

Guess my baby's growing up. I am thankful that we have had a good week so far. No spankings and no major issues. I needed a few days like this last week was pretty rough. I will tell you more about it later.
for now peace out.
a
ps. can all my friends have their babies soon! I want to hold a little newborn. Brooks is too big!!!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great day for you, Amanda! Charlie is such a smartie pants, so cool!

Love,
Kath

PS - Yes, we're workin' on getting this baby out into the world. The nesting time has begun. :)

Joel/Mal and Troy/Meg said...

boy do we love that boy!! hope you have a blast at the party! love you guys so much
xoxoxo
mal