Sunday, February 21, 2010

Deep thoughts by Charlie Tonagel

Charlie has been saying some pretty comical/amazing things lately. Here are a few of our favorites from the last couple of weeks. Reading them isn't near as fun as hearing them in his ultra serious voice.

Charlie: "Mom, I think I'm ready to get married now."
Me: "Oh, ok. Are you going to marry MaKenna?" (MaKenna is 4 and is in his class.)
Charlie: "No, Brittany." (Brittany is the 14 year old sister of the boys' babysitter.)
Me: "Does Brittany know you are getting married?"
Charlie: "Nope. I hope she has a dress."

A few days later we were having a conversation about boys and girls. Here is our converstation.
Me: "Charlie, God made me a girl and when I was born he made a boy somewhere in the world for me to fall in love with and have babies."
Charlie: "Dad!"
Me: "Yup that's right. God made you a boy and somewhere in the world is a girl that you will love someday and get married to."
Charlie: "It's Brittany."

Ben and Charlie were in the truck looking at the stars...
Ben: "I can't wait to go to heaven someday and see all these stars up close."
Charlie: "Dad, you won't be able to see the stars because it is light all the time in heaven."

I was cleaning the kitchen counters...
Me: "Charlie don't get near the counters and don't touch the cleaner. It is bleach. I use it to disinfect our countertops and if you touch it with your bare hands it can hurt your skin and turn your clothes white."
Charlie: "White like Jesus's clothes?"

Wow! I guess he is paying attention to our devotion times!
Charlie will be 4 years old on Thursday. It's true what they say about the days seeming so long sometimes (and nights!) but the years go by so fast.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Joel/Mal and Troy/Meg said...

ok, i am the worst aunt ever!! i have been thinking this whole time that his birthday is tomorrow! we were planning skype time with our little man! so sad i have to wait till thursday :(! love you guys, can't wait to talk to Charlie on his birthday.
mal
ps joel has the message from the boys and their GI Joe underwear saved on his phone! he randomly plays it throughout the day to put him in a good mood!
also, Charlie is such a wonderful kid! it makes me want to be a kid again. he has such innocent and sweet thoughts! you have done such a great job raising your boys!!
love
auntie mal mal xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

SO ADORABLE! Kids say the greatest things!
We babysat my nieces and nephew last night and my nephew (he's 5) told me he is married to his sister! Charlie sounds like such a sweetie and you guys are doing a great job as parents!
:) Ellen

Kathy Tonagel said...

wow, that picture you posted of him shows his little boy face changing...can't believe the wonderful baby that made me a nana is 4 years old already!! I love the stories you shared.

Kathy Tonagel said...

P.S. Can you get me a 4x6 or 5x7 of that picture of Charlie?

MegT said...

That is the cutest little man I have ever seen!!!!! Oh my gosh I could eat him up.

Oh and tell him I am upset that he is obviously over marrying me, such a shame...

Anonymous said...

okay I am laughing so hard I just peed my pants a little. how funny is that?! I love that little guy and miss him, it's been like a year?! Have fun with him!
-Alyssa v.