Sunday, March 20, 2011

Birthday Boy/Ladies Man

I got to visit Punk's Preschool class on his birthday. I took a few :) photos while there. His teacher referred to this as "Charlie's Harem" Apparently Charlie and these two little cuties don't leave each other's side all morning. Neither one looks thrilled at the moment but aren't they cute?

They played Batman and Batgirls together.
Two nights ago at bedtime we were getting ready to say prayers. The Punk pulled a blank slip of paper out of his prayer jar. He explained to me that means you get to pray for whoever you want tonight. So he said, "Thank  you God for my good friend Lilly. Thank you also that I don't have to search for a wife anymore." I about lost it. It was all I could do to contain my laughter. He was so serious! I can't believe what comes out of his mouth some days.
Earlier today he said he wanted to sing me a song. I sat down, he got out his guitar and he proceeded to sing, "We can go to the tropics. Sip pina coladas. Shorty I can take you there." The 2nd Punk chimed in with, "Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty."   Lord please forgive us for teaching our boys classic 80's rock. We can't help it!
Happy Birthday to my little pirate!

3 comments:

Joel/Mal and Troy/Meg said...

this is the FUNNIEST post ever! Joel and I just laughed our heads off at some of the things that Charlie says. it is crazy how fast time goes! where have the past five years went? what a sweetheart! Love you guys!
Mal

Megan said...

That little girls face in the first picture was hilarious! I am still laughing... I loved this post!

Nikki said...

HAHAHAHA! We let our girls listen to some "not so kid friendly" music too :) It's all good! And how great that he's already found a wife :)