Monday, February 9, 2009

It seemed like such a good idea...

This afternoon when the boys woke up from their naps we took advantage of the semi warm weather. We got all bundled up and headed out. I told the boys, "We need to wear our snow boots because the ground might be kind of muddy." Well that was the understatement of the year! They immediately spotted all of the huge mud puddles out by the grain bins and went running. I thought, "How bad can it be?!?! I should just let them have a little fun. They need baths anyway. So go on guys, enjoy the mud a bit!" Oh my... I obviously know nothing about raising two young boys!
It started with just a little mud on the hands. Notice Charlie's shirt. How appropriate!

Then it was full blown jumping and running through the mud!

Charlie then decided to try kneeling down in the mud! NOOO!!!!!
I turned to hear Sawyer saying, "Uh oh..." He was officially stuck. I tried to pull him out of the mud and here is what happened...
Then I had to just go ahead and set him down in the mud because Charlie had managed to get himself stuck as well. At that point I said, "We are going in. NOW!" I hauled Charlie up to the house screaming and then put them both in the bathtub fully dressed. I couldn't think of any other option since they were both completely covered.

Guess I will be cleaning the tub later.

Here they are getting squeaky clean at last.

Mmmhhh... now they look and smell better!

Next time I will think twice or at least plan ahead when I see a few mud puddles in the back.
peace out,
a

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Note to self: Don't let my children near mud. Ever. LOL :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's a lot of mud - the bathtub was hilarious! The boys are getting so big - I MUST meet them someday :)
Thanks for sharing your day to day adventures, it's a lot of fun to see! Love,Ellen

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, I don't know what to say?! Wow, boys will be boys I guess. :)

Courtney

ajnielsen said...

That is hilarious, but I'm sure it wasn't for you at the time!! At least you have the pictures and you'll look back and laugh!

Cindi said...

Are you kidding me? This is fantastic! A little mud is nothing compared to the fun and the memories. You are building people here, men even, and doing a great job! I'm proud of you for going into it full steam ahead, throw your head back and laugh! Good on you, Amanda, good on you!